Monday, July 6, 2009

July 6, 2009

Dear Everyone,
This last past week my companion and I tried to help our investigators set goals for baptism. We are working hard with our investigator Mike Velty. We had lost contact with him but managed to run back into him. Apparently his house flooded. We could have helped him but O well. We set up another appointment with him and are hopefully going to see him this up coming Tuesday.The work for the less active and recent converts is happening. We went and visited a recent convert (Bro. Dessin) and answered many of his questions. The lesson we talked on was just what he needed and he said so himself. It was on the Book of Mormon and the importance of it. We answered many of his other questions. Apparently he was getting overwhelmed with all the classes reading material and other things that come with new converts to the church. We tried to help sparkle his hope and helped him set a goal to get married to his wife in the temple. That is something that he wants and will strive for. The work has been going great out here. One of the recent convert tripped and fell on her face on sidewalk. She is very bruised up. We are planning on visiting here next week. I have been feasting from the scriptures this last past week. I feel like I have been spiritually filled. The Lord has blessed me and if I could only continue to work with the best of spirit and actually be there in lessons. I find I have to Re-focus my mind during lessons many times to stay active in the lessons. I keep getting forgetful and having to really pay attention. Plus I have to make curfew. I get really tired and just feel drained. My companion and I have worked really hard tracting for the elect and have four or five great potential investigators. We tried to set appointments with them but with the holidays most of our appointments have been moved to next week. Happy July fourth to you all! My companion and I had a lovely evening getting home early and getting our hair cut. Yes Elder Lofgreen cut my hair. It looks great, He confided in me that it was actually the second time he has ever given a hair cut. It looks pretty good except I have no bangs.So the rumors are true, I’m in a new area with a new companion this transfer. He is really nice and has an awesome name, Elder Berry. I’m excited and ready to start with gusto!!! See you all,Elder Durfee

Dear Katie
I have been doing good. Way to go for Efy. That is Awesome that you went. I remember having so much fun; hopefully it wasn’t too hard not having a room mate. Yes I received the last lemon bars. Thank you for putting them in a zip lock bag. It would have been a bad ride without it. I was a little scared to eat the lemon bar but I ate it any way. Tasted good. It left an ugly stain in the box that was mailed to me. Just send cookies, I like those and don’t think I’m going to die from eating them a few days old. Thankyou for you hard efforts though. Keep up the good work, you are amazing!!! Love,
Elder Durfee

No comments:

Post a Comment