August 17, 2009
Dear Friends and Family,
The work has been amazing; apparently I’m getting transferred to a new area with a new companion. His name is Elder Jones. From… California or somewhere else I’m not sure. This past week has been amazing. Work work work it was wonderful. We broke our lesson number from 20 (last week) to 22 this week. It was great, the members are so nice to us and have even been feeding us some breakfast meals and lunch. It has been going good. Including dinners and lessons planned, we have 19 lessons already planned out for next week. The work is going forth!
Our other investigator, Joanna has been hard to contact. She let us in on Saturday she talked and talked to us about how hard her life is and that she is tired of scriptures and relying on the Lord. Basically she said if you can’t help me right now “I’m done with meeting with you”. Scary right, we had to really put our trust in the lord and hopefully rekindle her desire and faith. Elder Berry pulled out the Movie Finding Faith in Christ and watched it with her. It is about doubting Thomas and his faith in the savior. I really enjoyed the movie and it helped Joanna answer a lot of her doubts and questions she had and was going threw. Apparently she has been doubting her faith and not wanting to access the atonement in her life because she did not want the savior to continue to suffer. It was a little scary but the spirit led us to say the right things. I hope it all goes well for her.
Elder Berry and I taught a lady named Cheryl this last week. She came up to us and asked to meet with us. The first lesson went wonderful and we enjoyed feeling the spirit. The Clark’s let us into their home to teach Cheryl and to take part in the lessons. Sister Clark has been a great help to Cheryl. It was a wonderful experience I have been studying from Preach My Gospel each day and been working with Elder Berry on teaching the second lesson to the members in our plus one lessons. It has really helped me gain more confidence in my teaching and I feel more confident I have prepared my self just a little bit more for the work the Lord has in store for me.
I love you all and hope you are doing good.
Elder Durfee
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So good to hear about relying on faith to get us thru... Thanks Kenton for your great reminder and example... We love you! Love Aunt Sean
ReplyDelete