Family,
Hello, I am doing good. Slightly tired and not sure exactly why. It is all good though.
Tell Brant that I am excited he is getting his papers ready.
That is sad to hear that Fawn's baby calf died. I am glad fawn is OK.
Josh has him mission call!@#? no way, wow that is wonderful. I did not realize he was so old. Good for him.
So this past week we had an interesting experience. My companion, Elder Gassaway (It is pronounced “Gass away” by the way), and I was at the house reading a letter from Elder Bennet's email, when I came across a story about the two missionaries that had died. “Elder Gassaway,” I told my companion, “do you want to hear a sad story?” “Sure go ahead,” he replied. I began reading the letter from the beginning to him. At one point during the letter I read the name “Elder MCay Burrows” (spelling wrong sorry) and my companion said, “Wait a minute, is that from you cousin in Romania?” “Yes” I replied. He then had a shocked look on his face. Apparently my companion was the zone leader in the MTC and was really good friends with Elder McCay Burrows. It hit him pretty hard to hear his friend had passed away. I guess he needed to know it. It is amazing how he received the information from a letter sent to his companion about an accident that happened thousands of miles away. Wow, We feel it was not an accident that we were companions this transfer. Wow
Besides that it has been a wonderful week. Lot of people to talk to, (my companion is am amazing teacher by the way and I enjoy just hearing him talk to people) I am learning how to talk and teach people. It is awesome. I am having a blast being on a mission.
I got to ask, when is the pig fair bonanza? Let me know how it goes, o also what is the play called that the children are doing? Good luck with Tech week and break a leg!!!
Love Elder Durfee
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment