Dear Family,
Hello and greetings. I hope you are doing good. Sorry to hear about Aunt Mary. How was the funeral mom? Did you pick up any donuts on your way home? You know the kind I mean, Dunford Donuts.
It has been an exciting week. Elder Garrett was transferred. Elder Regnier (I think that’s how you spell it) is my new companion. He is actually from Arizona in some Native American named city. He is pretty cool. I think we will have a great time together.
Yes mom I received the package you sent. It was yummy, thanks for sending it to me. I already ate everything, except the Granola. I ran out of milk before the end of the week so I have been eating it dry. It is very good thanks.
This last week Elder Garrett and I went and visited many people who had told us to come back later. Normally people try to be nice and say “come back later” when they really mean, “I’m not interested.” But we have been taking people up on their offer and actually taught the Restoration lesson three times and committed them to read and pray. I am almost always excited to teach the first lesson. This week we will visit them and see if they have received their own witness of the Book of Mormon and the Prophet Joseph Smith.
Small miracle, we drove up to where we were going tracting just as large droplets of water started to fall. My companion said a quick opening prayer asking Heavenly Father to hold back the rain, “at least so we don’t get too wet”. Our prayer was answered, because as soon as Elder Garrett said the prayer the water started to lesson. We got out of the car just as the droplets stopped coming down and we tracted the whole street without getting wet. I believe it was a miracle. I believe Heavenly Father is looking out for us and helping in the work.
Dear family, have a wonderful week. I love you and thank you for your prayers. They are making a difference thank you.
Love,
Elder Durfee
Sunday, August 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment