Dear Mom,
It is good to hear from you. It has been a very crazy last few days. I have sent a letter! Sorry to take so long. Somehow we just get busy. We are having a snow storm right now. It is predicted to be the biggest of the year with 10-18 inches of snow. It has only snowed 2-3 inches but it has stopped. All the talk and excitement might have been for nothing.
We had a spectacular day this last week. But we will talk about it. We drove 100 miles to Cheyenne on p-day to play games with the other elders. They watched church movies and talked. Very boring not worth the drive but I had fun. That night I stayed with the zone leaders for exchanges and the other elders drove home. Tuesday was exchanges. Wednesday was zone conference in Laramie. We drove home and bunkered down in Kimball, a small town of 3000 people. Thursday we got up and started tracting we set a goal to give out five Book of Mormons and if we did, we would go out for ice cream. We gave out 7 by the end of the day it was a miracle. Friday was weekly planning and Saturday we visited lots of people and found some potential with some less-actives. Sunday we had church and visited lots more people.
Wanda told us that she does not want to meet anymore. It was hard to see her say that to us. We are not sure what happened but she feels God has told her to stay with the community of Christ church. I don’t really think she has received an answer but someone said some mean things about us.
This was our week I hope all is going well. Love,
Elder Durfee
Friday, March 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment