Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Last Email before Elder Durfee Returns!!!:)

Elder Durfee and his tough companion!
Add caption
Dear Mom, Title “My Last Email”
             Well I’m glad to hear Ryan made it safely home. I only have a few day left! Yesterday we gave service on the church ranch. It is harder for us to do things because we can’t ride the horses or quads. We cleaned up around one of the farm houses. The branches on the trees had fallen down and lots of dead branches still clung to the trees. We pilled everything up inside the old 5 room chicken pen to be burned later this winter. We also fixed a windmill and rescued a baby calf and caught a lizard.
Well it is hard getting everything in order to go home. I have washed my clothes for the last time out here. We emptied the fridge of all its extra contents that needed to be thrown away since Elder Nonu left. The hardest part of it all is we have to spend time writing President Ely our “Trunky Papers”. I have spent all morning writing up a letter about my mission, my testimony, my goals for the next 6 months, the next 3 years and the next ten years and what I like about my family. If you want to make a missionary to think about home just have him write a letter about it. Wednesday we have a work day and a meeting with our ward mission leader. Thursday we have district meeting. Friday we are going down to the temple. Saturday we have our last work day. Sunday we get up go to church then drive down to the mission home. Spend the night and get interviewed by president. Monday go out for breakfast and then head to the air port. Then I will see you!
Well for work we have been trying very hard to help Prepare Derek for baptism. His girlfriend does not want to get married. We had dinner last night with them. Their children love us and they want their parents to get married. It just goes to show you that it is important to get married then have kids. It causes problems the other way around. Derek came to church with the three year old twins. I sat by him and tried to entertain them. I was really tired after church.
We cleaned basement for service. It was really dirty. There home looked almost as bad as some of the homes that grandpa had renters in. we cleaned most of it but have another appointment with them Saturday to finish the job. I am really glad you made me clean my room. Thanks for that. It is really disgusting when you put food, dog poop, shoes, clothes, books, trash, homework, movies and everything else on the floor instead of where it should go. Charlene came to church! It was stake conference and we watched a movie of it being broadcasted from Cheyenne.
We almost ran out of miles again this month. We made it to the church building and had to park the car. We only had one mile left to drive and our house was three miles away. A nice member gave us a ride home. The next day we walked to church because we could not find a ride. Having a car is really nice.
Well mom I hope you have a wonderful week and the family remembers its Mothers Day on Sunday. I will call you then. Love,
Elder Durfee

No comments:

Post a Comment