Dear Family,
We stopped by and talked with our investigator George this week. Since it was
thanksgiving we were unable to actually share a message with him but we talked
of the plan of salvation for a few seconds and are planning on teaching it again
to him next week. He said he would come to church but did not attended that day.
We went by after church to see how he is doing. We let him know we missed him,
wished he was there, and that we will be seeing him more often. (asked if we
could come by periodically during the week to share a short scripture with him
on the front porch. I think it might help his progression). That was George this
week.
We had an appointment with a potential but they never showed last week. When we
went on exchanges this last week I realized that I had stopped inviting people
to learn with us. I was inviting people to read the book of Mormon on their own
and had stopped trying to set up appointments with them. I am working on
changing that this week. Hopefully this will help us find more investigators and
better invite people to learn more about the Restored Gospel.
We set up appointments with less active members this last week. Some of them
have strong testimonies and have hard feelings against someone in the ward that
keeps them from coming to church. We have planned a message on acting in faith
that we are planning on sharing with these less active families to invite them
to act in faith. Help them set goals to progress. This was our work with less
active members this last week.
Our companionship study is going fairly good. We are preparing for our first
lesson that we will teach to an investigator. We have been a little inconsistent
in role playing daily but when we do it, the spirit is present and we learn and
are edified. I find that I am learning also and becoming a better teacher.
Dear Mom,
It is great to hear you are reading the Book Of Mormon with me, that is great!
I have loved reading the scriptures daily like this, there is a great spirit
that comes from the written word.
Thanksgiving was great. We had our dinner with a family at around 2:30 pm. It
was good. From then on we went and visited families. It was great because each
family we visited had pie for us, yummy!! I think by the end of the day I had 9
or 10 pieces of pie. Even a family sent us home with whipp cream and our very
own pumpkin pie. I was very excited. I hope all is going good for you.
I talked in church on Sunday, they called us last Monday and asked if we could
speak on service threw doing missionary work. It was slightly nerve racking but
when my turn came to speak, I was not nervous and could clearly think as I spoke
it was great!! a blessing for being a missionary.
Mom I broke out the sweaters, they are very nice and warm. I have been waring
one every day. I decided, I like them.
Thanks for sending the shoes, I appreciate it. Physically doing great. Enjoying
doing everything and just being alive. Tell Dayson Happy Birthday for me. I am
excited for him.
I love you all!!!
Elder Durfee
Move to: Drafts Sent Mail Trash [New Folder]
Prev Next
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment