Dear Everyone,
I hope all is going great for you, This week to help our investigator progress,
we stopped several times to see how, George is doing. We helped answer his
questions and invited him to church repeatedly. He said he would for sure come.
Unfortunately it snowed and George never come to church. We stopped by later
Sunday evening to see how he is doing and why he was not there at church. He
said that he awoke and was all nervous to come to church. We talked with him,
told him we missed him and that we wished he would come. He said he would come
next week. We also had a great lesson with George earlier in the week with a
member present. We planned on teaching him the Plan of Salvation but when we
arrived George never read the Restoration Pamphlet we gave him. So we tried to
quickly review it with him before the plan of salvation. We ended up teaching
the first lesson the whole time. George said he would pray to know if it is true
that night. He told us he feels the Book of Mormon is true and comes from God. I
think he questions this statement when he is not with us very often.
This week we trackted into several people who invited us to come back. We were
excited and one of the people, her name is Julie said she would come to church.
It snowed and she never came. We will stop by her house later today of tomorrow
to see how she is doing. I have been asking all the potential investigators it
we could bring a member with us to our appointments. I hope it will help. The
only problem is that the people who set up an appointment with us tend to not be
there when we go by. Kinda strange. We will keep looking for the Elect in our
endeavorers to serve the Lord.
We had a ward Christmas party this last Friday that we had been inviting people
to. A few less-active people we had invited actually came. It was great, they
even came up to us and said hello, it was great. We had a good time and there
was just a sweet spirit there.
Elder Meyer and I were going to be late for dinner one night, we were trackting
down the street and we only had four houses left. For the sake of time we left
them for another day and went to dinner. The next day we went back to finish up
the houses. One of the doors we trackted into turned out to be a inactive
member. While she was there she told us how she had been thinking of coming back
to church. We invited her to church that Sunday and I even told her that if we
did not see her at church, to expect us to come and visit her during the week
after. She agreed. It was pretty neat I am glad we went back the next day and
were on time for dinner. Just goes to shows that when we are doing what the Lord
asks of us, He uses us as as instrument to further the work.
We had a wonderful lesson with a less active sister. In the appointment she
told us that she was just starting to feel comfortable with the members again.
We asked her for a return appointment and she said we could come back every
week. It was nonchalant but a slight success in our book. We rescheduled for
next week and the fellow shipper, said they could come with us for next week. It
was a blessing from the Lord. It is amazing because he prepares the people not
us. We just kinda open our mouths and set a few appointments and the Lord does
the rest. We need to pray with more faith and rely even more on the Lord. That
is what I learned.
I myself am doing wonderful. I set a goal to study all the Preach My Gospel
lessons completely and have memorized scripture references for each topic. I
have been doing that, starting with lesson one. With three days I am already
halfway threw prophets. I set a goal to study for thirty minutes of my personal
study time to study Preach My Gospel. At first it was hard to do and I was not
too pleased with it. Today I enjoyed it and I fell more prepared to teach the
lessons. Fun insights on what I should continue to teach and what to stop
teaching. It has been great. The other thirty minutes is used for studying the
Book of Mormon. I do not finish it in my allotted time, I am enjoying spending
lunches and even before bed doing extra study of the Book of Mormon to stay on
track.
All in all I am doing good. My face is a little wind burnt (it is seven degrees
outside pretty cold on a bicycle) but I should be ok. I unpacked my scarf.
Training
Elder Meyer is doing good. As of this morning he is senior companion. I am
excited for him and ready to serve under his leadership this week. We are
continuing to study the third lesson almost finished it. We have role played
teaching the first lesson and actually taught it unintentionally to George this
last week. We need to work on the second lesson and being ready to teach it.
Still do not have a scripture for each topic with Elder Meyer. We will finish
that by the end of the week. We are ready to teach lesson one and will start
practicing lesson two this week. I am doing great!!! Love you all!!!
Elder Durfee
Move to: Drafts Sent Mail Trash [New Folder]
Prev Next
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment