Dear Family,
I hope all is going well for you. This week was a good week for me. To help our investigator continue to progress towards baptism we had a good member present lesson on baptism. The spirit was present as we talked and conversed about the atonement of Christ. We even used a chalk board to talk about justice and mercy. George seemed to be understanding it. We asked lots of questions to help George realize that he knows this stuff. It was a good lesson. We also made by weekly contact with him.
We also set up a time to consistently meet with bishop every week. He has given us people to contact and see threw out the week. We called him and reported back to bishop the thing that we accomplished on bishops list. We put bishops list as more of a priority and Heavenly Father blessed us with an ability to meet with most of these people.
Cool Story: What was really neat is that I actually have a distant relative who lives in the Berthoud ward. My companion and I coordinated with one of the members to setting up a time and teaching a message with them. It was wonderful experience, I even whipped out the new 2010 Durfee Calendar and showed him a picture of all the Durfee Family (which arrived the night before). He was amazed at how many Durfee's there are. At the end of the evening I told brother Durfee (my Relative) of a story of my grandmother. She died of cancer and before she passed away, she told her 12 children that she wanted there to be no empty chairs in Heaven. Telling each one of her kids that she wanted them to be active and to do their part to return one day to our Father in Heaven. I told brother Durfee that I did not want to see his chair empty in heaven. Brother Durfee sat back and said, with all those other Durfee's in heaven I want to be there with them. He said that he would come to church. I told him that I would like to see him there at church. He said that he would come in the next 8 weeks. I told him I might be transferred but to come any ways. I enjoyed getting to meet brother Durfee it was an awesome experience. I feet that meeting with brother Durfee was one of the reasons I came to the Colorado on my mission.
Dear Family I love you all and hope all is going good for you.
Love, Elder Durfee
P.S. the picture is of Lloyed Durfee
No comments:
Post a Comment