Dear Family,
I hope you all have had a wonderful week and things are treating you right. The work went forth for my companion and I. To help prepare our investigators be ready to be baptized we had member present at all our lessons. We even had a member present in a lesson we had with a potential investigator named Dennis. We talked with him a long time ago and last Sunday we actually met with him. He is an older man, mid 50 – 60's gray hair, and a nice smile. He was very open with us as we talked of prophets and a need to have one on the earth. He is already reading the Book of Mormon and said he would come to church this Sunday. Unfortunately when we asked him when we could meet with him again, he said he would call us... not the answer we were looking for but maybe he will call us soon. We also invited him to be baptized on the first lesson. It was great and I am very glad we did. If you could tell Elder Richardson that we invited Dennis to be baptized on the first lesson because of the training Elder Richardson gave. That would be most appreciated. Dennis said that he would like to learn more before he makes the choice to be baptized or not. I worked hard to follow the spirit and pray for my companion during the lesson. I felt blessed with the way the lesson flowed and the sweet spirit that was present. To further the work in the area I also changed my perspective. I set one of my goals to be a baptizing missionary. I have been praying that Heavenly Father will prepare people to enter the waters of baptism for us in our area. I have felt the work go much faster and greater direction from heavenly father. It wares me out and I have been sleeping much better in the nights. We talked to several less-active families and asked them if they would be willing to take the willing to take the missionary lessons, two of them excepted. We have already have already had two families say they would be willing to take the lessons. It is great. I have been working on becoming better friends with the ward members. mom mailed me thank you notes for Christmas and I have tried really hard to leave a personal thank you note around the house at each dinner appointment. Only missed one or two and I have seen a greater outpouring of love from the members. It could just be that I have grown a greater love for them but I feel some how it works for both. We have been edified and grown together. It reminds me of Sister Ely's talk. How one of us can make a difference. Just give a little love, it comes back ten fold. My studies have been improving. I feel edified and uplifted after my studies. I have taken to studying multiple things each morning. It has helped me feel the spirit and to stay awake. It was a great week , thank you for all you do. Love, Elder Durfee
Friday, January 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment