Monday, May 17, 2010

5-17-10

Dear Family,
Wow so I am doing my best right now. We had a very tiring morning. Last night I called a potential investigator and found out she was moving. She excepted our offer to help and away we went to unload her stuff into a storage unit. We offered to give here a hand even though it is our p-day the next day and she accepted. We have been moving stuff for four hours. I am hot, tired and smell like smoke... yuk. You will have to forgive me I don't have much spark in me at the moment. The Lord blessed us this last week. We had many great unexpected blessing. One was that we taught 21 lessons this week. We had a surplus of people to teach. Even had a guy let us teach him the first lesson on his front porch (which does not happen very often). Our mission president has asked us to invite each person we teach to be baptized, even if it is the first lesson. We almost committed him to baptism but he turned us down because he wanted to do some praying first. We are meeting with him not this week but next week. Thats about it take care, love
Elder Durfee

PS: Jorge and Jane both came to church. I was so happy to see them come in threw the double doors. They made their entrance right during the sacrament hymn, after I had completely given up hope that they were even coming. I was so happy I couldn't do anything but sit back in shock at the miracle before me. We were blessed more then we deserve. Thanks for your prayers.
Elder Durfee

No comments:

Post a Comment