Dear Family,
It was a fun week for Elder Hatch and me. We enjoyed driving the car all over town and even helping the zone leaders out by giving them a ride. The work is going forth this week. We had an amazing mission conference with Elder C. Scott Grow. We had great inspirational trainings about how to find, teach and baptize. I really enjoyed it and am excited to move forward under the new direction.
With the work here in Berthoud, we have been trying hard to tract every day. We had several good contacts gave out a Book of Mormon and had several people tell us to come back by. Slowly but surely the work goes forth.
We had a scare with one of our investigators. Pop went out of town and gave us a call. He told us that he does not want to meet with us anymore. When Pop came back in town we asked him why he does not want to meet with us. He said that he feels he is wasting our time because he does not want to get baptized (he is Buddhist). He said that he wants to will continue to read, pray, and come to church but that he is not ready to be baptized. We said, Pop we are here to baptize you. We will be willing to continue to teach you if you will let us know when you are ready to be baptized. He agreed and we set up an appointment for next week.
The Macy's (less active family came to church last week for the first time) did not come to church. The husband was called out of town for work. With our mission presidents permission we called him yesterday, asked how he was doing, shared a scripture and invited him to read a verse every day. I hope he does read and pray, it will help him. We stopped by and gave sister Macy a Restoration pamphlet. We are helping the members invite the family over for dinner and to church. With the wards help we are hoping, Sister Macy will come to church even with her husband out of town.
I have loved driving. I has become one of my favorite things in the mission I am still amazed at how fast we can travel from one point to another. We even have hot and cold air to blow on us and music to listen to. Cars are amazing. I love having one. Well family I love you take care. Love,
Elder Durfee
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment