Monday, June 21, 2010

6-21-10

Dear Mom and Family,
Thanks for the nice email. I enjoyed reading it. Sorry to hear about dad. Is he getting better? Can he work? I will pray that he is healing quickly.
So this last week was super busy, we have been out talking to all the Members about their Home teaching and Visiting teaching. Bishop had asked us to go make them be accountable (we have very low reports for Home teaching and Visiting teaching). And so that is how we have been doing. We worked hard and we taught a bunch of lessons this week. We had a lady let us teach her the first lesson on the front porch. It was lots of fun, but in the end she told us thank you but she is not interested in actually reading the Book of Mormon. We gave her a pamphlet to read and hopefully she will one day look deeper into the church.
Hmm… we went to visit this less active member in the ward invited her to come to church, she excepted. We told her and her friend that we would be greeting people by the doors when they arrived. We had our meetings canceled on Sunday (Fathers Day) so we hitched a ride with a member and arrived late. Luckily the meeting also started late that day. The Less active member was there along with her non member friend. It was great, we sat by them. She told me after that she felt like she had come home and she even told bishop that she will be at church next week. It was great.
Ha ha funny story so for some odd reason I keep dreaming that I am doing things that missionaries do. Like last night I contacted a lady and was about to invite her to take the missionary lessons (not just a simple question but we had a whole conversation about the gospel in preparation for me to ask her to take the missionary lessons) regrettable I awoke just before I asked her to take the lessons. I will never know if she excepted or not. O well…
As missionaries we are allowed to watch any movie that has the “Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day saints” on it and it has to be in our free time. We decided to watch Johny Lingo right before bed. Wow I dreamed of the movie all night long. It was a very long night for a 20 minute movie.
I think that is it family, I love you and hope all is well. Love,
Elder Durfee
Ps Dad I sent you a Father’s day letter last week I hope you get it. Joycelyn Happy Birthday. I made you a card too. I’m sending it today.

No comments:

Post a Comment