Wednesday, June 9, 2010

6-7-10

Dear Mom and Family,
OK another great week of work, I'm actually being transfered to a town called Longmont. It is right next to Berthoud but in another stake/Zone. I will be with a missionary named Elder Garret and we will have a car. yes. Berthoud days were lots of fun. Elder Hatch and myself helped out with the youth turkey leg booth. they had ruffly 500 turkey legs that needed to be cooked on the grill. we got to help out, it was great. they had 4 grills going at once. the one i had was like 6 feet by 3 feet. we tallied up to 75 turkey legs on it at once. I wore gloves up to my elbows and had turkey flippers in both hands turning as fast as I could. we only burned a couple of them (the youth were happy because they got to eat them) and i had a great time. I came away with a distinct smell of turkey legs on my clothes and a nice sunburn on one arm. Apparently i missed a spot on my arm when i had applied sunscreen. Yes mom I am waring sunscreen... sometimes...
We also had a funeral this week. one of the members passed away and we attended the funeral. lots of the family came and a good portion of them were non members. the family said that many people had hurt feelings towards one another and they had finally been resolved after many years. it took a family member dying for them to finally get over their grudges that they have towards one another and finally be friends again. it was good to see them as a happy family but i just think of all the time wasted, all the great family gatherings lost simply because of a grudge.
Dear family that is all i have time for. have a wonderful week andtake care,
Elder Durfee
PS the home with the llamas was wonderful. i will miss the family we stayed with. they were great!

No comments:

Post a Comment