Monday, October 18, 2010

10-18-10

Mom,
I am doing wonderful. I keep to a pretty good budget and my needs are take care of. I can spend about 30 dollars a week for food or other personal items. I have found ways to save money. Example, we are to have the car washed once a week. Instead of paying 7 dollars for the cheapest wash, I bought car soap and now wash the car 28 times on 7 dollars! We Wash the car Monday mornings for exercise. So we save roughly 28 dollars a month by washing the car ourselves. :)
Lets see, was the kick off for the 40 day fast. We found someone new to teach. Before Sunday we had five less-active families tell us that they should be at church. We were very excited. None of them came to church but we are going to try and help them come by going and seeing them before church and or calling them before hand. I talked with another missionary, he said that they had 10 less-active at church! That was exciting to hear.
Hmm… we have done a lot of tracting and looking for the Elect. Several doors have opened. With the increase of faith from the members (fasting) we are seeing an increase in people to teach, appointments set up, people answering the phone, and families telling us that they will come to church. The Savior healed and blessed people according to their faith. If they had enough faith, they were healed. There even was a man that had to ask the Savior to “Help though my unbelief” when his faith was lacking. The Members have increased their faith, the Lord has increased the blessings and the work is rolling forward.
Love Elder Durfee

No comments:

Post a Comment