Dear Mom,
I got the package!!! The Oranges lasted this time. I ate them already. Yummy! Thanks for thinking of me.
This last week was an eventful one. I went on exchanges with Elder Mena. It was great we had a good time visiting people and found an older couple who let us teach them the Restoration. We invited them to read and pray about it.
Well we taught Derek the law of tithing, law of chastity and the word of wisdom. We are making arrangements for Derek and Atinot to get married. They are still trying to pick a date for the wedding. The ward has been great to want to help. Derek has been following the word of wisdom for a week now. No smoking or coffee. He came to church this last week and enjoyed it. He volunteered to help with the cleaning the building. He told us some great stories of how he is becoming more Christ like. The gospel is already changing him.
We taught the B. grandchildren Branden and DeAngela. We came by in two visits and taught the Plan of Salvation. We used pictures and tried very hard to teach simply so they would understand. We reviewed as we taught the lesson and then in the end the children were able to teach it back to us. They are great. They did not come to church for some reason we do not know yet. They do not have a date yet. We brought the home teachers to the appointment.
We taught the S. family the Restoration and invited them to read and pray. Sister H. came with us and was a good friend to sister S.. Hopefully she will open up more with another sister to talk to rather them a brother. Some of the girls really are excited about the gospel and some of them don’t really care. It is interesting to see the difference in their testimonies.
We have been inviting our members to go on to Mormon.org and make a profile to share their testimony. It has been fun. You should try it.
My companions name is Elder Henson. He’s from Oregon. We bolth received out trunky papers. I will be coming home May 9th. For some reason they are flying me to the Salt Lake City air port, them to Arizona. I leav at 11:41 am for salt lake and arrive at 1:15 pm. Then I get on the Delta Air Lines at 1:55pm and arrive in phoenix at 2:35pm. I hope you have a great week mom. I loved getting the letter from Dayson. Tell him it and will reply soon.
Love Elder Durfee
No comments:
Post a Comment