Dear Mom,
Greetings! I think I get to call home on Mother’s day. I leave for the mission office at 10 am. Can I call before then?
It was a great week. I got to drive to Cheyenne, teach several people for the first time and we made some good progress with an investigator.
First off we lost contact with Derek on Tuesday and we did not see him until Saturday. He was not answering phone calls and his car was not there. We thought he decided that he did not want to get baptized and left. Apparently his Fiancé got really sick and had to be flown to Scottsbluff. She is home now and back at work. Derek looked really tired.
Let’s see… we talked with Brother . about where he wants his family with the church. He told us he would like to see them get baptized. We invited him to think about baptizing them himself and told him what it will take to have a baptism. They have to come to church for at least three times and we only have barely three left. They will have to be baptized after we leave the area. Hopefully the next missionaries will take good care of them.
We taught a young 9 year old boy. His family wants him to be baptized but he has difficulty understanding someone talking to him. As much as we would like to baptize him we don’t think he is accountable and are planning on postponing the baptism until he is older.
We have been trying to set a good example for the ward this last week. We tracted lots (the weather has been beautiful, I think I actually got a slight sun burn. Well my skin started to turn slightly pink.) It was great. Short sleeves have been wonderful. We also had a slush storm. Small ice cubes the size of sand poured down from the sky. We were caught in it unprepared and had to retreat back to the car. I also lost my name tag and had to put on a spare.
Thanks for your prayers. I do feel them. I wish I could be there for the Easter Pageant. Break a leg! Love Elder Durfee
No comments:
Post a Comment